If you’re looking for a dentist, the Care Quality Commission publish information telling you what services they offer and the quality of care you can expect from the dental practice.
Check the quality of care
The Care Quality Commission inspect 10% of dentists in England each year. You can use their inspection reports to help you understand the quality of care. They do not give ratings to dentist services but they do highlight if a service is meeting the standard of care you would expect from them.
Westbury Dental Care had their last inspection on the 26th July 2022
The Summary of their findings were:
- The dental clinic was visibly clean and well-maintained.
- The practice had infection control procedures which reflected published guidance.
- Staff knew how to deal with medical emergencies. Appropriate medicines and life-saving equipment were available.
- The practice had systems to help them manage risk to patients and staff.
- Safeguarding processes were in place and staff knew their responsibilities for safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
- The practice had staff recruitment procedures which reflected current legislation.
- The clinical staff provided patients’ care and treatment in line with current guidelines.
- Patients were treated with dignity and respect and staff took care to protect their privacy and personal information.
- Staff provided preventive care and supported patients to ensure better oral health.
- The appointment system took account of patients’ needs.
- There was effective leadership and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Staff felt involved and supported and worked as a team.
- Staff and patients were asked for feedback about the services provided.
- Complaints were dealt with positively and efficiently.
- The dental clinic had information governance arrangements.